We see community development from a holistic approach. We desire to see not just individual lives uplifted but rather large communities significantly changed for the better. We believe this can’t be accomplished with one small initiative in one area of someone’s life but rather more inclusive of a number of areas with solid, consistent, growth over a prolonged period of time.
Some of our initiatives have included;
- Providing safe, clean drinking water at several locations.
- Electrification within two communities.
- Building homes for widows and orphans.
- Purchasing bikes for Pastors.
- Assisting widows in starting a small business, empowering them to provide for their families.
- Leading youth to work together, planning and implementing strategies to earn and work towards a brighter future.
- Free eye clinics.
- Care baskets and much more.
One of the most crucial foundations we have built into our community development is nurturing a sense of pride and ownership of the vision within the communities, we serve. We have found this to be integral to the success of all the projects. Part of that initiative is implemented through establishing CBO’s in both communities. This also creates a high level of accountability and organization, aligning with all National and legal mandates, unifying the community in vision and purpose.
Over the years we continue to have new community developments within the stability of committed ongoing influence from our Church and key partnerships both on the ground in Kenya and abroad.